I have decided to accept Lisa Rivero’s challenge to write 30 blog posts for the month of September. I intend to try to add 10 posts to each of my 3 blogs during the month of September. Sprite’s Site will feature posts about posts!
The second signpost is the one I use to show contact details on Gifted Resources information page.
I needed to prepare a single page handout which could be used to provide a basic introduction to some of the important reference material and explain how Gifted Resources can help locate services and information relating to giftedness.
I created the page pictured the top of this post for the purpose. I am happy that almost all the topics I would most want to discuss are represented in some way in the picture.
I managed to include the signpost for information Gifted Resources can provide, all the methods of contacting me plus words or pictures relating to key issues such as
- The specific educational and social/emotional needs of gifted people,
- The Columbus Group definition of giftedness as asynchronous development
- The Bell curve showing distribution of IQ levels in the population
- Gagne’s DMGT model of development of innate giftedness into fully developed talent (emphasising the importance of internal and situation influences)
- The diagram of underachievement (showing our role as teachers and parents in building a guard rail to prevent students falling into underachievement)
- Myths surrounding giftedness
- Dabrowski’s Overexcitabilities represented by the Dabrowski Dogs
You can read more about the creation of the page at
This is a post for Lisa Rivero’s challenge to write 30 blog posts for the month of September. To read all about her challenge see http://www.lisarivero.com/30postshathsept/